About Services Fees Testimonials Links Forms FAQs Contact Us
Certified Acceptance Agents (ITINs)

Our staff is very knowledgeable when it comes to ITIN Application and Use, and we are more than happy to assist you with this process. With Mike's status as a Certified Acceptance Agent, clients will no longer have to mail in their original documents when applying for ITIN's since he can verify all necessary documents on site.

ITINs are for federal tax reporting only, and are not intended to serve any other purpose. IRS issues ITINs to help individuals comply with the U.S. tax laws, and to provide a means to efficiently process and account for tax returns and payments for those not eligible for Social Security Numbers (SSNs).

An ITIN does not authorize work in the U.S. or provide eligibility for Social Security benefits or the Earned Income Tax Credit.

IRS issues ITINs to foreign nationals and others who have federal tax reporting or filing requirements and do not qualify for SSNs. A non-resident alien individual not eligible for a SSN who is required to file a U.S. tax return only to claim a refund of tax under the provisions of a U.S. tax treaty needs an ITIN.

Other examples of individuals who need ITINs include:

• A nonresident alien required to file a U.S. tax return

• A U.S. resident alien (based on days present in the United States) filing a U.S. tax return

• A dependent or spouse of a U.S. citizen/resident alien

• A dependent or spouse of a nonresident alien visa holder